Sunday, February 24, 2013

Route Planning for Europe

Europe: A lot of political countries, but all in all not so large an area when compared with North America or Asia....Traveling from country to country in Europe is akin to state to state travel in the U.S. - one big difference being the changes in language and customs.

In planning a ride in Europe I want to prepare a list of places, people and special sights and events to see.

Some planning points for me:

  • I have relatives in the UK, and have made some friends in Eastern Europe. 
  • I want to see Paris, France
  • I really enjoyed my motorcycle visit to Provence
  • I loved the friendly people of Italy
  • Switzerland was beautiful but expensive
  • I like the Alps, but I am afraid of my mountain climbing skills on a bike
  • There are EuroVelo Routes that traverse the continent N-S and E-W, with maps, trails and points of interest
  • I would like to say I bicycled across Europe
  • I have a lot of time and enough resources to take an extended trip
  • I have camping gear (tent, sleeping bag), but I would rather stay in pensions if available
  • I have cooking gear, but forget that, I want to eat great food every day and not cook much
  • I like Formula 1 car racing and MotoGP motorcycle racing - wouldn't mind seeing a race 
  • I want to go to Positano, Italy - because I like to say Positano.
That's enough background - on to actual planning next....

No comments:

Post a Comment